Wednesday 29 February 2012

Bugger, its all gone wrong!

Yep it has...........decided to change the oil. And what happens? The thread in the crankcase bolt hole gives up the ghost and now I can't tighten the bolt, which means it will leak, shake loose, drain the oil, cause the engine to seize and I'll be over the handlebars like superwoman on a mission. So it now needs drilling and helicoiling.

Fortunately, the ever lovely Clive from Hartgate's in Mitcham  says he can sort it - but not until Friday. Better take him some big fat doughnuts for fitting me in then. But at least tomorrow will be a clean hands day.











Good news is I fixed the leaking carb. Just a seal. But better these problems happen now than en route to Portsmouth on Saturday morning I suppose.......although that's not quite what I said at the time.